Friday 3 February 2012

Be prepared for a writing onslaught!

I'm flying to Thailand and Laos on the 9th of February. I'm hoping this will result in a colossal writing surge. I feel there are a few things holding me back right now.
I work freelance in TV and I'm currently in the middle of an 84  hour week. This is a good thing as I am going away for 5 weeks and won't get paid while I am away. The work obviously uses up a lot of time when you factor in sleeping, eating, and toilet breaks as well.
While doing all this, I am also studying for a degree in English Language and Literature. Even though I have worked as a journalist on and off for 20 years, I intend to return to Asia at some point, where it is almost impossible to work full time without a degree these days.
The final thing is that it is absolutely freezing in Britain and our heating has just packed up. Consequently it is a struggle to focus and be creative in any way. What with all the shivering and impending frostbite.
I am currently working on some non-fiction travel stories. They are almost done but I feel it will enhance the writing if I am in a tropical country as the stories are set in Morocco, Thailand, and Australia.
After that, there are some more short fiction tales and two books in the pipeline.
So brace yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment